Monday, July 27, 2009

Hill Cumorah Pageant

My family participates in a yearly show put on by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints called the Hill Cumorah Pageant. It portrays stories from The Book of Mormon and testifies of Jesus Christ. It is an incredible experience for me and my family.


One of the opportunities we enjoy at Pageant is to talk to the audience members before each show. Here the cast has a chance to bear testimony to the truthfulness of The Book of Mormon to the guests. If audience members want to know more, or have friends that might be interested, they get to give their information to the cast members. This gives people a chance to receive a copy of the Book of Mormon or even a visit from representatives of the Church. The Pageant has become a great missionary tool.

I'm grateful I had the opportunity to participate in the Pageant. On Opening Night as I stood on the stage during the Processional, I felt an assurance from the Spirit that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. It was a simple, but undeniable feeling in my heart. I pray that each may find this peace in their life as I have in mine. And I hope that you try to see the Hill Cumorah Pageant next year!

2 comments:

TRFO said...

I absolutely loved Pageant. The spirit there was powerful and pure. I am so blessed to have been in it. I am looking foward to doing it as many times as circumstances allow.

The effects of Pageant are interesting. I now carry pass along cards with me everywhere and have an extra copy of the Book of Mormon in my backpack to give away if the need arises.

I guess you are probably wondering who TRFO is. 'Tis I, Adam.

lizlaughs said...

I am so glad that your family is in this pageant. I would love to come and see it sometime.