Monday, February 23, 2009

You Get What You Ask For

My life was going really well. I was so happy that nothing seemed to go wrong. I concluded my life was going too well and that I needed a trial. And a trial I got.

It wasn't the trial I would've hoped for. But I guess that's what makes it a trial. It is honestly one of the hardest things that could be asked of me right now. I did not expect it to happen.

However, it is at this time that I consider the blessings in my life. I have so many. When I consider all the great things I have going for me, I really have nothing to complain about. And when I seriously think about it, my trial is really a blessing. It is an opportunity for me to learn and grow and to build a great friendship. This so-called trial is really the best thing for me.

So I hope we all can remember to be grateful for what we do have amidst our trials. We should dwell on our many blessings and not our shortcomings or the tests we're enduring. We should do as President Monson counseled, "Find someone who is having a hard time, . . .and do something for them." When we look outward instead of inward we'll find true happiness and our trials will seem but a small moment. May we all keep an eternal perspective and find joy in serving others despite whatever difficulty we may be going through. And remember: if you ask for a trial, you'll get more than you bargained for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That should teach you to ask for a trial. naw, you will be good. I promise, it will all turn out just fine in the end. I luv ya